First PC Game You Played Ever?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by pelvis_3, Oct 19, 2005.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Treasure Mathstorm...
    That was on Macintosh wasn't it?

2. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

They had Mac and PC. This is getting newer than some of your games. I played it on a Mac at school, then got the PC version for home for Christmas one year. My dad had to look everywhere for it because it had been discontinued, but he found it (yay dad!). It came on 3.5 floppies and I played it on my Win 95 machine.

3. beast

beast Geek Trainee

california games (calgames) on a 386 33mhz wit 4 megs of memory in monocolour!!!

4. Invader Zim

Invader Zim Geek Trainee

I cant really remember my first game i think it was something like Gruntz, great game. I think i got stuck on a level and didnt know how to complete it so gave up.:x:

5. Diablo 1...YAY (well the first good game i've played) The first game would probably be Crayola Art.

6. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

On my moms first computer it was a 75mhz (upgraded to 133mhz) pentium 1 on windows 95 i was 5 bac in 95 and it was a game that came with windows called hover that was th first computer game i played.

7. My first computer was a pentium 1 and i had like 10 mb hdd and like 128 kilo's of ram.

8. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hanoi Towers on a Digital computer (if anyone can remeber them....).

This is what the display looked like:

It was written in a revelutionary language called........... Basic :eek:

For some reason all the asterix are bunched up to the left. It is supposed to look like three towers made os a number of tiers a bit like abstract christmas trees

9. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Like this? :)

[​IMG]

(screen-captured from your unformatted post)

10. blade002

blade002 Geek Trainee

First PC game ever played!?. well i class every computer as a Personal Computer, so i'll start with the Commodore 64, to me the windows based PC doesnt deserve merit in this catergory, it all started much much earlier than a crappy windows machine.

I think its was The Last Ninja on the C64 !?. or maybe Driller!???. i dont know.. but my finest games ever were played on the Commodore Amiga!!.. my first game on that machine was FA/18-Interceptor!!.. Man that game blew my mind!.. then every other Amiga game after that, just had my eyeballs out of their sockets, and my jaw on the floor!. hehehe..

11. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

You got it.... only now I think about it, not all three stations were full...
    Otherwise you cannot really start. It was sucha long time ago......

It is basicaly a brain bender....

12. harakim

harakim Big Geek

I played Flight Simulator and Battletank on my first computer which was 12,5mhz I think. Actually mine first computer I played Mercenaries of Astonia, Descent, and Hover that came with the system.

13. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

I have the disks for decent. I found it at a thrift store for $2, and I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, I can't get it to install. I have Hover on my desktop also right now. I play it once in awhile, then it strikes me how lame it is.

14. harakim

harakim Big Geek

Ya, heh. Amazing how things change over 13 years.

15. burtie

burtie Geek Trainee

My first pc game must have been midtown madness on a intel p3 ati 8mb rage card,and hello to the forum.

burtie

16. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Hmm...that's tough. I must have been about 5 or 6, maybe younger! Probably the Commander Keen games or Quake. I had a lot of shareware disks et cetera back then, so it's hard to know the FIRST game I ever played. Might have been the first Mechwarrior or Earthsiege 1.

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I still can't get over how you were happily fragging zombies before you were in second grade...you were always mature for your age I guess.

18. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Meh, I was a happy little boy. A bit morbid, but happy nonetheless. Mother Dearest must have worried about me, though...which MAC games were you playing when you were a cute little guy, Gaber?

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

hehe, that you were:) Ha, yeah the old mac games, well aside from "Monster" which was some horrid randomly generated black/white cave game thing I'd have to say CosmicOsmo would've been an early one. Another b/w game from '89 I think. Point and click at it's finest really, just about everything you clicked on made a noise, hours of crazy entertainment, I still play it now.

20. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Funny...I never had to endure the "black and white" games. In fact, I had never seen one until you showed me the old Prince of Persia game. All of my PC games were in color. Flaky, crappy, 256 color, but color nonetheless. Oh yeah! Forgot to mention. I'm doing Computer Science class. Very interesting. One segment deals with hacking...I'll show you sometime. :D