The Origin Of Your Alias

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nic, Feb 14, 2005.

1. leather

leather Geek Trainee

I used to chat in a place called VP, my name there was leatherlace. ive just shortened it up. kinda the good girl/bad girl thing ;)

2. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

First username I ever used online was TheReaper, I changed it to Reaper later on. One forum (which I was the assistant admin for) wouldn't let me have Reaper, told me it was already in use. I changed it to WerewolfReaper for that forum, kept to that for a while. My current username is the initials of that one, WWR - WereWolfReaper.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, I thought that was your name on your sig then:), I wanted an origional name that would never be taken so I named myself Exfoliate after my habit of trying on girls exfoliating sandles last summer. Exfoliating sandles have squiggly mess on the soles that allow your feet to breath, the friends that I borrowed the sandles from bought me a pair of my own and in honor of the occasion I named myself after the sandles. So remember lads, the easiest way to a gals heart is through wearing her exfoliating sandles, remember me when you try this;)

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Could say the same for wearing their underw... uh I think I better stop there... :O

On other forums I'm known as Hasuki, basic story of that is I have a book called Rin's Crime, the main character is called Rin Hasuki, so I got that username in honour of the character, seeing as he is a total kick-ass vampire who is at first completely unaware of his abilities.

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

[ot]ok, all threads merged, please edit/delete your duplicated posts if so required :)

Note: please don't reply to my post! stay on topic. thanks[/ot]

6. Cooper

Cooper Geek Trainee

Simply put, my last name.

7. Kez

Kez Geek Trainee

When i was about 13 me and a group of friends went to the cinema. The film was really bad, but some of the guys wanted to watch it. The rest of us ended up spening half the time im the toilets talking. While we were in there we decided to write our names all over the toilet walls to be "cool". so on the way home we remembered that our parents would be going to teh cinema the next night and if they seen our names on the wall they would ground us for ever. Teh next day we went to an early show, armed with cleaning supplies.. when the movie started we went to the toilets and scfubbed the walls..

But we stil wanted to leave our mark on the place so we invented nick names. I got called Kez cause we had just read a Kestrals Nest in School and I loved it!! It has stuck ever since! :good:

8. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

When i was a kid i had really long sideburns like Elvis so my cous has called me Elvis ever since, evrytime i need a nickname elvis is always taken so pelvis_3 was the first one that wasnt taken!

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Mine is my name with 555 on the end, its that because 5 is my favourite number and i wasn't going to put 666 so instead i put 555 like my version of it with my fav number :p

10. Girtho961

Girtho961 Big Geek

Well i used to be kinda puggie, and well i lost some weight( well not really lost weight, i just thinned out, huge growth spurt) and well my sister started calling me girth, girtho and girthinator, and it stuck.

11. steptoe

steptoe Geek Trainee

im always brining home junk i found an old computer dumped outside someones house it had 400cel 2x4gig hd agp card needed memory my missus uses it now hence steptoe (british comedy steptoe and son rag and bone men or junk men) now my nephews call me steptoe oh well

12. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

SabaShuali is made of two Hebrew words -

* Saba - the 'a' sound like the first 'a' in apple - means grandfather

*Shuali - 'u' sounds like in shoo (as in 'ge ouda hea') and the 'a' again like in the first 'a' in apple - means foxy (not like sexy but with fox-like quality... :confused: )

Anyway, as you can see from my age, I could have probably fathered most of the members...steady....
    Passion for all things IT got me a bit later in life…
    Anyway, my kids noticed that I am becoming increasingly hairy and that quite a bit of the hair was getting white. Therefore they have conspired to calling me foxy grandpa. Then they wanted to know what it translated to in Hebrew. The answers sounded uncannily Chinese (try it yourself; say the whole thing together…).
    From then on I was called by both – Sabashuali the might Shaolin warrior!
    I am not sure why as I am short, fat and cannot even go up the stairs without loosing my breath…go figure…..
    Anyway, alert members might remember my first avatar – a foxy looking character, holding a long spear (used by Shaolin monks no doubt) and wearing a headband reading the Chinese translation of Sabashuali which translate to – grandfather who grows lots of hair. And there is no way I am trying to pronounce it….
    I have been using this name in every forum I ever signed up for.

That is my story…..

P.S - my current avatar is King Julian (Sasha Baron Cohen) from Madagascar.
    If you are looking for one reason to watch the film it has to be this charcter. I am not joking when I say my bladder had a hard time in this film.....all other characters were really dwarfed by him!

13. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I'm probably gonna get killed by Big B for posting on a thread that 'hasn't been posted on for a month' but here goes...

It all started back in summer '04, I was on benefit at the time and looking for a job. I had arranged to see a job agency about some crappy call centre work. I completely lost my sense of direction along the way and ended up completely lost! I finally arrived about an hour and a half late, very angry with myself!
    I told the receptionist the reason I was late was because the bus I was on broke down ;) ! She buzzed me through and it was here I met 'Jon Benge'. He looked like a total arse, with greased slick back hair, a dirty grin and fresh face. It was at this point I realised you could hate someone just by looking at them! Anyway, i spent most of the interview being patronised by him and to this day i've never forgotten what a :swear: he is!

So you may be wondering why i am using his name?
    It makes a great cover if i ever get into any trouble don't you think? I can picture it now, Microsoft execs braking his door down and threatening him because he's cracked all their software!! ha ha

ps. i don't crack MS software, nor do I support such activities so help me god...

14. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

Mine is pretty simple. I started going to forums when I was pretty young, and my parents wanted me to pick something really annonymous, and I had to get it approved by them, so I just picked the most annonymous thing I could come up with.

15. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

That's pretty annonymous alright. But maybe somebody should have told your folks that an IP address is tracible? Nah, then they'd never have let you online. ;)

16. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

Shh...they are paranoid enough as it is. They don't even know what an IP address is, and I prefer to keep it that way.

17. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Well the eagle eyed among you will have noticed that I ditched the 'jon benge' username a long time ago. So i though i'd give an analysis of my current username.

Now as funny as it would be, unfortunately my name is not Mega :D

I first came up with this screen name when I was creating an account for AIM. I wanted to be called 'MegaMace' but someone had already taken it. So I had to put the 'd' at the end.

To break the username down:

One of my friends coined the name 'megamace' as my Sirname is 'Mace'. My younger brother was given the name 'minimace' haha....

The 'd' in megamaced is for David, my first name. Yeah who isn't called David around here? :confused:

The original incarnation of my username had capitol 'M's in it. So it looked like 'MegaMaced'. But I decided to go lowercase a while back cos it looks better.

Yeah, so that's my life story covered....

18. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I read you Jon Benge was and was feeling confuzzled till I read that :)

19. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Alias 1:My first screen name on AOL back in like..1999 was "Beretta9m2f", i originally wanted it after the gun model from Resident Evil, Beretta M92fs, however, when squished together it looks like "berettam92fs"...and i anticipated people would call me "berettam"..with the m attached and not the model number...so i switched the 9 and the m and ditched the s. Thus beretta9m2f.

Alias 2. Karate Chop Action Gabe was coined in the middle of a GoldenEye match for N64. I was known for well...using the karate chop all the time. Then some time passed and the phrase was resurrected when i played Counter Strike 1.5 I was "Kung fu grip gabe" and someone suggested i should have my own action figure with kung fu grip, i declined and said if i had my own action figure it would have karate chop action when you squeeze its legs, and since then, on any fps, i'm Karate Chop Action Gabe.. thats my story:D

20. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

My favourite song is Gravity of Love.....So, in the begining I decided to replace the Gravity with Karan but it wasnt making sense to me."KaranOfLove" So I replaced "of" with "is" and the first place where i use this allias is for my email ID, which was hacked by someone. I lost so much important information because of that. Anyways, thats all about my allias~!