Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I believe It says Windows 7 also, BUT I think it is for 32 bit.. All you can do is try it ...

2. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.i will till try that.i would like to know that how can we utilise the memory if we use 32 bit.thats why i opted for 64 bit.mainly in the case of games.what you suggest inorder to play todays latest 3d games.32 bit 64 bit OS

3. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i would like to know that which is the best 32 bit or 64 bit windows 7 OS to play all the games with good performance and smoothly.i tried tried to install the game resident evil 5 which was released back in 2009 in my laptop which is a windows 7 32 bit os.the os required for this game is windows xp 32 bit but i think it will work in windows 7 32 bit too.i did not get the following message:

the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running.check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86(32bit) or x64(64 bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

but since i just want to make a trial whether it will in my laptop for that only i installed the game only to check whether the above same message appears on the screen.but it didnt happened.only a message like this:please insert the disc into the drive since i didnt installed the game fully.

my laptop is a 32 bit os windows 7

i checked some forums about various peoples opinions.some say that there is no difference between 32 bit or 64 bit.it is the RAM and graphics card ram that matters.some say that we can play all the game right from the old to the newest with 32 bit os without any problem.is that true.

4. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i would like to know that which is the best 32 bit or 64 bit windows 7 OS to play all the games with good performance and smoothly.i tried tried to install the game resident evil 5 which was released back in 2009 in my laptop which is a windows 7 32 bit os.the os required for this game is windows xp 32 bit but i think it will work in windows 7 32 bit too.i did not get the following message:

the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running.check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86(32bit) or x64(64 bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

but since i just want to make a trial whether it will in my laptop for that only i installed the game only to check whether the above same message appears on the screen.but it didnt happened.only a message like this please insert the disc into the drive since i didnt installed the game fully.

my laptop is a 32 bit os windows 7

i checked some forums about various peoples opinions.some say that there is no difference between 32 bit or 64 bit.it is the RAM and graphics card ram that matters.some say that we can play all the game right from the old to the newest with 32 bit os without any problem.is that true.

5. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i would like to know how to uninstall my current windows 7 64 bit and change back to 32 bit OS.

Can you please provide step by step instructions for installing new os 32 bit instead of 64 bit if possible with screenshots.am i disturbing you?

the thing is that i have previously before the upgradation of the pc.i just overwrite the whole thing and tried to delete windows xp.but while starting the windows.there was three separate windows xp professional options since there was some disk errors and viruses.three options of windows xp professional was there which i thought was deleted.it was installed in three separate partitions of harddisk say c,d,e etc...i wanted only one option for windows xp professional.

so now i dont want to repeat the same mistake while installing windows 7 32 bit.i just want to know how to delete my current OS of 64 bit and install 32 bit os and vice versa in future if needed.(just dont want these two OS at the same time)

thanks,

harish

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Did your Windows 7 install disk give you the option to install either 32 bit or 64 bit.?? Just have to find an Windows 7 setup disk with both options..
    Reformat and install 32 bit.. But remember The 32 bit system will only handle 4 gigs or ram, Thus showing ONLY 3.25 of ram.. You can also use a program
    called Partition Magic, It runs from cd/dvd and You can use it to wipe the hard drive and then you would be able to do a fresh install. BUT YOU Better read up on it First before you try using it..

7. hardino

hardino Geek

hello,

at present i dont have the windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit software either.i just want to know how to reformat.can u give the step by step instructions to install 32 bit windows os and deleting the existing 64 bit from my system.do we have to insert the dvd or cd which contains the windows 7 32 bit os while running the pc or by restarting the pc and insert the windows 7 32 bit os.

8. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You are going to need Windows 7 -32 bit Install disk.... Thats basically all you need.. You can reformat from there..

9. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.that i know.afterwards.when to insert the disc.after rebooting.and when does the option to delete the existing 64 bit os comes.or whether it shows to upgrade.from drive c (reformatting)

10. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i have some doubts regarding cleaning inner portions of the cpu case.smps fans,cpu fans,heatsinks. etc....without removing the smps fan and cpu fans.which is best equipment to clean all of them:

can of air or vacuum cleaner.i searched in google and got many opinions from various experts.some advice to use can of air for suction.it will blow up fast all the dust from the fans,heatsinks etc,..some say vacuum would damage electronic component. i meant the circuits of the motherboard etc...it is very sensitive.Vacuum cleaners have a tendency to generate static which can spell doom for computer components.

is that right.is it safe to use vacuum or can of air.i dont if it is available here in india.is it available in all electronics shop here.hope it is.how much does it cost.can we purchase that online.the experts say that we must not tilt the can of air as it sprays liquid onto the fans etc..just keep it straight as shown below am i right.so which is best :can of air or vacuum to clean off the dust and for smooth performance of the pc and long life.

[​IMG]

11. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You can use a Vacuum cleaner, BUT you will have to be very careful and keep the hose about 2 or 3 inches away from the motherboard.. Make sure that the computer is not plugged in.. I would just use a old small paint brush... You can remove the rear fan on the case and clean that with a Brush or spray some air to blow it out..

12. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.well,can i use air can dust remover to wipe off the dust.is that ok apart from vacuum.

13. hardino

hardino Geek

Hello,

I would like to know that can i clean the inner case of cpu with a vacuum or is the can of air dust remover the best option to wipe off the dust.

I am afraid of removing the cpu fan,smps fans.is that enough without removing the smps fan and cpu fans wiping out the dust with can of air dust remover.will the pc runs smoothly with great performance,prevents over heating and runs cool.

For how many minutes we have to focus on cleaning a particular part inside the cpu(i meant the cpu fan,smps fans)etc..

Looking forward to your reply.

thanks,

harish

14. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Are all your fans super cluttered with dust ? Did you put your computer on top of a table or desk ? You cannot have it sitting on the floor..
    just take it out side and you can use a small paint brush to clean it.. You can remove the rear fan to clean it with a smaller craft brush..

15. hardino

hardino Geek

no.very recently i cleaned that almost.its on top of the table.without removing the fan.can i use a can of air compressor to clean that

16. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

YES you can.... If you had a small air compressor that would work also..

17. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.thanks a lot

18. hardino

hardino Geek

hello,

I would like to know that inorder to prevent the dust from entering into the cpu case.can we cover it using a sheet or cloth.i have done that at present.

Is there specially made cloth for covering cpu case.if yes.where can i buy that?

Looking forward to your reply.

thanks,

harish

19. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

you can cover it each and every day, But remember to remove the cover each and every day so hit won't heat up..

20. hardino

hardino Geek

at present i have covered the cpu with a cloth but i am not removing.as you mentioned i felt the heat when i touched the cpu while working on the pc.it was heated.should i remove it when working on the pc and later on put back the cloth while turning off the pc