Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hardino

hardino Geek

o.k.thanks a lot for your reply.

2. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i am a game freak.i like to play 3d high end games.My current graphics card memory is Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 and main memory card (i suppose its 1 gb ram)I am going to upgrade my present memory card to 4gb in another slot.should i upgrade geforece 210 1 gb ddr3.is graphics card geforce 1gb ddr3 enough.or take into the consideration the pc memory ram

Which one is the main thing which we should take into account i.e. either graphics card memory or the pc main memory ram inorder to play high end games.

thanks,

harish

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Well in order to play all the newer games that come out today, you must have allot of ram, 4 to 8 gigs... Plus a high end video card..

4. hardino

hardino Geek

but my video card supports well.only the pc ram(memory)needs to be upgraded.i always check the system requirements for a particular game especially i check the graphics card ram 256 mb ram for almost every game.but i am concerned with my pc memory ram.almost all 3d games releasing today will run smoothly with 3 to 4gb ram and 256 mb ram for graphics card.but i have ge force 1gb ram which is the highest right.

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea ! the video card is good, How Much ram do you have right now ? 2 gigs or 4 gigs ? If you have 4 gigs, then you should be good..

6. hardino

hardino Geek

thanks.well i suppose my ram is 1gb or 2gb in one memory slot.i am not sure of it.but anyway in the othermemory slot i am going to install another ram of 4 gb.will that be great to play future 3d games.and what about the processor.mine is intel pentium (r)dual core E5700@3 GHZ.is the speed good.

7. hardino

hardino Geek

thankyou.i think in one memory slot i got 1 gb or 2 gb of ram.and i am going to install another memory of 4gb which makes good combination of 1 gb or 2gb plus 4 gb of ram to play future high end games.right.

8. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i wish to know that in future if i wish to upgrade my graphics card.can i change my graphics card to 2gb ddr3.is there is two slots for vga.should i look for compatibility with the pc machine.so that i can install one slot for another 2gb ddr3 memory graphics card and 1gb ddr3.or will i have to remove my current graphics card and replace that with a new one.

9. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i wish to know about processors.whats the difference between intel dual core processors and intel core 2 duo processors.mine is intel dual core processors.is that enough to play high end games.what more important is graphics cards and ram right.should i need to upgrade intel pentium dual core to intel core 2 duo to play high end games.at present i am going to upgrade my ram only to 4gb(apart from 1 gb in another memory slot).graphics card (geforce 210 1 gb ddr3).so is that enough to play high end games.my processor speed is intel pentium(r)dual core e5700 3ghz

10. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

how are you?i have got some problem with the cpu.when i start working on my pc.after one hour.it restarts with the power button flickering.what could be problem.looking forward to your reply.is it the problem of over heating,heat sink or the cooling fan of smps.because there is sound from the cooling fan at the smps section.

thanks,

harish

11. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

This could be a Number of things...When did it start and how long has it been doing this ?Is this a Desktop ? Make and Model Please..

12. hardino

hardino Geek

yes.this is a desktop.intel dual core.cpu.i ball

13. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I will need more info ...Is there Any Errors ? You are going to have to narrow down the problem... By testing each piece of hardware..
    First thing to check would be Power supply.. Next would be Thermal paste between CPU and heatsink.. Next is to check your Fan over the heatsink.
    Next would be Ram/Memory and then Hard drive..

14. hardino

hardino Geek

after restarting the pc.only the usual errors the scanning process with error rectification.i consulted a computer hardware guy.he said, it could be the problem of heatsink,overheating etc..i just upgraded my ram,i meant i inserted another ram along with the old one.(2gb along with another 4 gb ddr3). and new harddisk(500 gb hdd).so i hope that could not be the problem.

15. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Remove all memory stick but One..Then test each stick,One at a time.. You changed the Hard drive.??? Did you do a Fresh install of Windows ?
    Was it running Ok/Good without the new hard drive and Ram ?

16. hardino

hardino Geek

well,actually i wasn't working on this pc even before the upgradtion for many months since i bought a new laptop and working on that continuosly.i didnt checked that.but it was running ok. before i bought the laptop.but worked only very little on the desktop pc.the computer hardware guy installed only windows 7 ultimate 32 bit os.since he didnt got the 62 bit windows 7 ultimate.he said that he will definitely come and install the 62 bit os.since an additional ram of 4 gb ddr3 along with 2gb ram is installed in it to run perfectly.to make full use of the 4 gb ddr3,we got to install 62 bit os.otherwise only less than 4gb of ram will be utitlised.is it because of that the pc is restarting.dont know.

17. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Sounds like there is too many people working on this computer, ..And you mean 64 bit OS..Windows 7 -32 bit will only handle 4.gigs of ram, but Windows 32 bit will only show 3.25 gigs.. Windows 64 bit can handle as much as the motherboard will handle..I would stay with Windows 7-32 bit..
    You computer will be faster... 64 bit will run slow, unless you have over 8 gigs of ram..

18. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.but in the motherboard manual.it says it is better to install 64 bit os to run the pc perfectly.

19. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You can install What ever OS you want, BUT you will not notice a difference between Windows 7- 32 bit with 4 gigs of ram compared to Windows 7 -64 bit with 8 gigs of ram.. It all comes down to what you are going to be using it for..

20. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.thanks a lot for your cooperation